Super Easy, Crowd Pleasing Nachos!
These Nachos are the easy, peasy, tastiest Nachos ever! It doesn’t much matter that the hot poured mixture could make the tortillas soggy- because after one bite- they will never last on any tray that long, in fact, it will seem that everyone in any crowd will near inhale them.
I’ll make a guess that this similar recipe was created many years ago through a manufacturer which may have been Hormel, or may have been something like Velveeta which was the original ingredient combination. Those Nachos were a huge hit among friends in Arizona.
Later on, once you were able to regularly purchase tortilla chips in supermarkets in Philadelphia I resumed preparing those delicious Nachos earlier prepared in Arizona, that is, until Tostitos emerged with their jarred variety of Salsa Con Queso- Medium providing an even tastier team in the lineup.
A nice kick of flavor merely combining two ingredients. Sprinkle on your choice of toppings. Wala! Super Easy, Crowd pleasing Nachos, every time!
- 3/4 large bag tortillas
- 1- 15 ounce can Hormel chili, no beans
- 1- 15 ounce jar Tostitos Salsa Con Queso- Medium
- 1 large dollop sour cream
- 3-5 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- Combine the chili and salsa con queso in a small saucepan, stir to combine. Cook until hot on low heat.
- Scatter tortilla chips onto a large sized platter, pour hot chili cheese sauce all over
- Top with sour cream, scallions, tomatoes and jalapeno slices
- Serve straight away