Herbed Beef Roll-Ups
Herbed Beef Roll-Ups are quick and easy to prepare using some thinly sliced beef with any combination of fresh herbs mixed with some Parmesan Cheese and butter toasted breadcrumbs.
Fresh lemon wedges provide some light freshness and enhance flavor to the finished dish. You can even serve Beef Roll-Ups cold or at room temperature slicing just before serving. If serving hot, tent the cooked rolls for at least ten minutes so the roll-ups will stay together when slicing.
Chop some fresh parsley, you can also use some fresh basil and thyme.
Herbed Beef Roll-Ups also make a great dish for a buffet luncheon, even a picnic.
Chopped rosemary adds a great flavor to the roll ups after removing the leaves from the stems.
Melt some butter into a pan
Add a cup and two thirds of bread crumbs to the butter, stir until well incorporated and toast lightly, remove from heat. Set aside one and a third cup for coating the beef. Mix the other third cup of bread crumbs with a third cup of Parmesan Cheese stirring in the fresh chopped herbs as shown below.
Beat an egg or two for dipping the prepared beef roll-ups into.
Lay one thinly sliced piece of beef at a time onto a work plate
Spread a thin amount of the herbed bread crumb and Parmesan mixture all across the beef slice.
Gently but firmly roll up the coated beef slice then dip into the beaten egg and next into the reserved butter toasted bread crumbs.
Once all of your beef slices are prepared, heat a large cast iron pan, add a few Tablespoons butter, melt, and gently add the prepared beef roll ups to the pan cooking over low heat and turning as each side turns golden on each side. Finish off the roll-ups in a 350 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes. Let finished roll-ups set for at least ten minutes before slicing with a sharp serrated knife.
Serve alongside lemon wedges.
- 1-1 1/4 pound thinly sliced beef, such a beef round
- 1 2/3 cup bread crumbs, stirred and lightly toasted in a pan with 2-3 Tablespoons butter, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup in a separate bowl.
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup any combination of fresh chopped herbs such as parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons butter, approximately, enough to cover the bottom of a cast iron pan for cooking Beef Roll-Ups to golden color all around
- Lemon Wedges
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow bowl, mix the reserved 1/3 cup bread crumbs with 1/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese, stir in the fresh herbs. Working one beef piece at a time, spread the top of the meat with the Parmesan bread crumb mixture. Beginning at the thinnest end gently but firmly roll up the beef. Dip the beef roll into the egg, then into the buttered breadcrumbs. When all of the beef rolls are prepared, heat a large cast iron pan adding in 3 Tablespoons butter to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook the beef rolls until golden on all sides around five minutes, then put the pan with the beef into the oven, bake around ten minutes until just done. If serving hot, tent for ten minutes before slicing using a sharp serrated knife. Serve alongside lemon wedges.