Ground Turkey Tacos with White Peach Salsa
Seriously. I can’t speak for the whole country but if you live in these east coast parts, the peaches, white and yellow, have so far seemed like the best tasting, sweetest scented in years. Right?!
Oh my goodness. I have been taking full advantage of this fuzzy skinned ripe juicy fruit since I walked by the first batch at the market, beckoning to me for picking like a visit to a peach tree farm.
I’ve also been enjoying these Ground Turkey Tacos with White Peach Salsa as a quick and easy meal, and admittedly its gotten to where I can hardly eat a taco without a peach salsa topping it!
Cubed juicy peaches, red onion, touch of a long hot red pepper, a bit of lime, fresh cilantro leaves, you can put this together in less than ten minutes.
Whats for dinner? Try it, you’ll love it!
- 10-12 soft flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small red onion, halved and chopped for turkey, the other half reserved for the salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground coriander, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and garlic powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- couple pinches coarse kosher salt
- For the White Peach Salsa:
- 3 white peaches, halved, stone removed, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 long red hot chili, three- quarters fine chopped, the rest thinly sliced for topping tacos
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime one-half juiced, one-half cut into wedges (juiced for salsa- wedges for side/garnish)
- Preparing the Ground Turkey: Heat a medium sized saute pan on low heat, pour in oil, swirl to cover the bottom of the pan tumble in the chopped onion, cook for three minutes
- Sprinkle in the spices, stir with the cooked onion, continue cooking another minute
- Stir in the ground turkey, increase heat to medium low, stir through with the onion spice mixture intermittently breaking up the turkey until fully cooked, around twelve minutes or longer
- Preparing the White Peach Salsa:
- Stir together the cubed peaches, chilies, and onions, pour over the lime juice, stir, then sprinkle in the cilantro and blend gently
- Assembly the Tacos: Fill each warmed tortilla with seasoned, cooked ground turkey, lightly top with peach salsa, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, red chili slices and cilantro leaves
- Serve with lime wedges