Jump to recipe
The clock goes tick tock.
Time has left the dock.
School is now the reason.
Shorter days become the season.
Red tomatoes are still bursting.
For Gazpacho we are thirsting.
- 4-5 tomatoes cut in half, squeezed of some seeds, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded, pith removed, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarse chopped
- 1 cup V-8 vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less according to taste
- For the Condiments:
- stale baguette, cubed, sauteed in a few tablespoons canola oil until golden then seasoned with a couple pinches of kosher salt and cracked pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded, pith removed, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, striped, seeded and cubed
- Ready up the mega power blender
- Place all solid ingredients into blender then pour over V-8, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar
- Zoom, zoom, zoom until well pureed
- Pour soup into a glass bowl then stir in salt, check seasoning, adjust to taste
- Add in a bit more vinegar for more tang if desired
- Chill, covered overnight
- Serve alongside small bowls of croutons, chopped red onion, green pepper, and cucumber
This entry was posted in Soups and tagged Gazpacho
. Bookmark the permalink
. or leave a trackback: Trackback URL