The clock goes tick tock.
Time has left the dock.
School is now the reason.
Shorter days become the season.
Red tomatoes are still bursting.
For Gazpacho we are thirsting.
- 4-5 tomatoes cut in half, squeezed of some seeds, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded, pith removed, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarse chopped
- 1 cup V-8 vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less according to taste
- For the Condiments:
- stale baguette, cubed, sauteed in a few tablespoons canola oil until golden then seasoned with a couple pinches of kosher salt and cracked pepper
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded, pith removed, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, striped, seeded and cubed
- Ready up the mega power blender
- Place all solid ingredients into blender then pour over V-8, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar
- Zoom, zoom, zoom until well pureed
- Pour soup into a glass bowl then stir in salt, check seasoning, adjust to taste
- Add in a bit more vinegar for more tang if desired
- Chill, covered overnight
- Serve alongside small bowls of croutons, chopped red onion, green pepper, and cucumber
This entry was posted in Soups and tagged Gazpacho
. Bookmark the permalink
. or leave a trackback: Trackback URL