Cucumbers with Plain Greek Yogurt, Honey, and Fresh Dill
The Cucumber Hors d’ Oeuvre sliced and filled with any variety of ingredients is one that has been around for a long time.
Cucumbers are fresh tasting, healthy, crispy, attractive on a plate, and work well with a broad variety of foods.
This lovely little filled cucumber with the thick, creamy texture of Greek Yogurt cannot be any easier to prepare and adds a nice twist to the cucumber as an hors-d’ouevre repertoire.
Plain Greek Yogurt has some possibilities as the base to use for filling cucumbers including a touch of honey, some fine chopped garlic, fresh parsley and lemon juice, and essentially any fresh herb you choose. Today we’ll use a bit of dill.
Squeezing in just a bit of fresh lemon juice to the Plain Greek Yogurt and honey mixture added a wee bit more of a balanced taste.
Filled cucumbers can add a bit of color and elegance to a buffet table during any holiday season any choice is good really, including Cucumbers with Plain Greek Yogurt, Honey, and Fresh Dill.
- 3-4 cucumbers
- 12 ounces plain Greek yogurt, approximately
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh chopped dill, plus dill leaves for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, or to taste
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- Peel stripes around the outer skin of cucumbers, cut ends off of either side, slice cucumbers into around three-quarter inch pieces, scoop out seeds in the center of each slice leaving enough intact on the bottom to hold the yogurt mixture
- Line up the cucumber slices on a baking tray
- Spoon plain Greek yogurt into a bowl, add in honey, a small squeeze of fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper, stir, add in the fresh chopped dill, stir again
- Use a small spoon to fill cucumber slices just before serving
- Garnish each with a small piece of fresh dill leaf