“Cicciotti’s Kitchen” Sun-Dried Tomato & Gorgonzola Pasta
Don’t you just love it when you see a recipe you would like to try and happen to have all of the ingredients on hand? What a great feeling. This happened with today’s recipe, Sun- Dried Tomato and Gorgonzola Pasta.
Now it must have been some stroke of fate that the food Gods had today’s Pasta Dish of Sun-Dried Tomato & Gorgonzola Pasta planned to share with you.
A special package from Chefs Press just arrived in the mail containing the truly lovely cookbook: “Cicciotti’s Kitchen, Italian Family Favorites-Quick, Easy, and Delicious”. Eagerly paging through I shortly came upon this easy pasta recipe recipe and prepared it.
The combination is sensational! Portion wise, this dish is an absolute perfect small plate first course pasta dish with quite rich deliciousness. Upcoming dinner party anyone?
The Author of this cookbook, Gaetano Cicciotti, born and raised in Naples, Italy may have learned his old world fundamentals observing the cooking of his mother and grandmother while growing up, but his inspiration might also be well attributed to his Italian Trattoria in San Diego complete with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
Simple, fresh, and straightforward is the style of the recipes contained in this book while in between the snippets suggest the warmth and hospitality that goes along with the Italian food tradition.
Even if you are not planning a trip to San Diego in the near future, you can certainly enjoy many of the dishes based on Italian classics that offer a fresh updated twist including a few fresh seafood recipes such as Scampi Style Shrimp and Oysters Rockefeller. The cookbook recipes are easily mastered no matter what your cooking level, such as the Spaghetti Alla Carbonara (only seven ingredients used), and in the ‘Specialita’ (Specialties) section, the Piccata Di Pollo, Chicken with Lemon-Butter Sauce.
On the opposite side of each Recipe page is a large color photo of the dish so besides being easy to use and execute, you can get a visual idea on creating the dish.
A couple of other best loved classic specialties are included in this cookbook and since the contents are less than a hundred pages you can at a moment’s notice find the perfect dish that you are looking for. Some of these fabulous classics include an easy Penne Alla Vodka, a Penne Puttanesca, Chicken with Marsala Sauce, Lobster and Seafood Fettuccine and of course, an Ossobucco.
If you enjoy preparing classic Italian specialties with a an updated twist and clear, easy to follow recipe directions then Ciciotti’s Kitchen, Italian Family Favorites-Quick, Easy, and Delicious cookbook comes highly recommended as does his sensational recipe for ‘Pennette Dello Chef’, that is, Sun- Dried Tomato & Gorgonzola Pasta. Buon Appetito.
"Cicciotti's Kitchen" Sun-Dried Tomato & Gorgonzola Pasta
A delicious small plate first pasta course. Creamy and rich, this dish also suits well for a sit down dinner party, easily prepared and served.
Recipe from Gaetano Cicciotti
The Cookbook: Cicciotti's Kitchen, Italian Family Favorites-Quick, Easy, and Delicious Recipe: Sun Dried Tomato and Gorgonzola Pasta
- 1 Chicken Breast, diced
- Flour for lightly Coating Chicken
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, julienned
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, julienned
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1 Pound Pennette Pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Fresh Basil, Parmisiano-Reggiano Cheese
- Coat diced chicken lightly with flour
- In a large saute pan, saute onion in olive oil until golden brown
- Add the chicken and cook approximately 5 minutes then stir in the sun dried tomatoes, basil, and Gorgonzola
- Add brandy and flame shaking pan until subsided, cook mixture for a few minutes then stir in the heavy cream
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente leaving slightly wet, then pour pasta into the Chicken and Cream Sauce tossing the pasta carefully to fully incorporate with the sauce
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese