Crispy Breaded Pork Chops
Begun with a sign, the sight of bright early morning sunlight streamed through blinds. Hooray!
For though bitterness of winter remains with us still the renewal of bright early morning sunlight gives me a thrill.
Dear fluttering birds how sweet their sound beginning to chirp everywhere all around.
Canadian Geese swoop back into town with pond tops still frozen they strut round and round hoping that water will soon peek through the ground.
On Crispy Breaded Pork Chops there may not be much to say, except perhaps to prepare and enjoy these tasty bites at the close of a bitter cold but renewed bright sunny day.
- 8 thin pork chops
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, ground
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- Tabasco sauce, a couple dashes, optional
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, or more as needed
- a couple pinches coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a couple pinches cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt, and half teaspoon cracked black pepper in a long shallow dish, set aside
- In a shallow bowl wide enough to host one pork chop at a time, mix together the beaten eggs, water, and Tabasco sauce, set aside
- In a large saute pan cook bacon pieces on medium low heat until bacon is crisp, around 6 minutes, transfer bacon to a paper towel set on a plate
- Remove all but three tablespoons bacon grease, set the rest aside
- While bacon is cooking, one thin pork chop at a time, dip into egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, placing dipped, breaded chop onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Once chops are breaded, heat the bacon grease in the pan on very low heat, add in two tablespoons butter
- Add as many pork chops to the pan as will fit without crowding, cook in batches
- Brown pork chops until golden brown on each side, approximately three to four minutes each side, adding in a bit more butter or bacon grease if needed, transfer browned chops back onto the baking sheet
- Finish cooking breaded pork chops in the oven, around seven minutes, or until just done and still moist, sprinkle tops with salt and pepper
Any leftover bacon grease and crisp bacon pieces may be used for tossing with steamed Brussels sprouts or green beans alongside the Crispy Pork Chop dish