Southwestern Style Ground Beef Casserole
Sometimes you just need a casserole.
A down to earth simple dish with mixed ingredients offering some home style warming comfort.
Easy Peasy down to earth simple dish, sure to provide home-style warming comfort, Southwestern Style Ground Beef Casserole. Sometimes you just need a casserole.
- Spices: 1/2 teaspoon each: ground coriander, ground cumin, Mexican chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, coarse ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 10-12 ounce bag frozen corn
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Mix spices together in a small bowl
- Cook rice and mix together with half of the spice mixture
- On low heat, warm olive oil in a large sized skillet, add in the onions and red pepper, cook for five minutes, add in the chopped garlic, stir, sprinkle in the other half of the spice mixture, cook for forty five seconds until spices have begun to give off their scent, add in the ground beef, blend well with the onion spice mixture and simmer until just cooked, around fifteen minutes
- Tumble in the tomatoes, stir through, continue simmering another ten minutes then add in the corn and black beans, stir, topple in the cooked spice rice, stir throughout continuing to cook until hot