Dreaming of the perfect holiday season party but with your hectic schedule are not sure how you are going to possibly pull it all together? Here are two Quick & Easy Holiday Appetizers you can put together in fifteen minutes or less using Chobani plain Greek Yogurt.
With a limited number of ingredients, including a couple one pound packages of ready sliced cocktail size pumpernickel or rye bread, you simply flavor the Chobani Greek Yogurt, into a complimentary taste with your desired topping ingredients, trim the bread crusts, or shape them using a cookie cutter, top each piece with your spread and accompaniments, and there you have it, lovely little canapes sure to brighten any holiday party.
Today, for the smoked trout with dill I’ve prepared a flavorful horseradish spread. The sliced sundried tomatoes and Kalamata olives were topped over the herbed garlic yogurt simply using fresh chopped garlic, basil, and parsley, sprinkled with some salt and pepper. These two holiday canapes are great for entertaining, especially if you are dreaming of preparing the perfect holiday season party despite a hectic schedule, healthy too, Quick & Easy Holiday Appetizers with Chobani Greek Yogurt.
- 1 cup plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, or a bit more to taste
- 5 ounce package smoked trout
- small bunch of fresh dill for garnish
- 1 pound ready sliced Cocktail size Pumpernickel Bread (frequently found in deli sections of supermarkets.)
- Trim the crust off the cocktail size pumpernickel or rye bread. In a glass bowl stir together the horseradish with the Chobani plain Greek Yogurt. Use a butter knife to spread the yogurt mixture across the bread square. Top each square with a piece of smoked trout and a sprig of fresh dill.
- 1 cup Chobani plain Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 small handful each, chopped fresh parsley and basil
- a good pinch coarse kosher salt
- a good pinch fresh cracked black pepper
- 6-8 Kalamata olives, approximately, pitted, sliced into slivers
- 6-8 sundried tomatoes, not in oil, sliced into slivers
- 1 pound package, ready sliced, cocktail sized Pumpernickel or rye bread (often found in the deli section of supermarkets)
- Use a cookie cutter round to cut circles using all of the cocktail bread slices. In a glass bowl stir together the garlic, parsley, and basil, with the Chobani plain Greek Yogurt, season with salt and pepper. Using a butter knife, spread enough of the garlic and herb yogurt to cover one bread round, place another round of bread on top then spread it with enough garlic and herb yogurt to cover. Arrange slivers of the sundried tomatoes and Kalamata olives over the top.