Looking for a crowd pleaser? Try this Potluck Summer Sweet Corn, Black Bean, Jalapeno and Red Pepper Salad.
I’ve been making a version of this salad for years and the bursting colors and combined flavors never seem to fade in popularity.
When it comes to festive summer gatherings, the blended flavors of sweet corn on the cob kernels, black beans, jalapeno and red pepper tossed between fresh chopped cilantro with the added touch of lime, well this has really just got to be one of the best combinations on earth, especially for sharing during the warm weather season! A big party hit for me in late July here’s hoping you enjoy it too!
- 8-10 ears corn on the cob, husked, kernels cut off of cob
- 2 cans black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small red onions, chopped
- juice from 1 1/2 limes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- few pinches coarse kosher salt, plus more to taste
- few grinds fresh black pepper
- 1/8- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- In a large sized bowl, gently toss together the corn, black beans, peppers, and onion
- Into a small bowl add the lime juice, vinegar, and olive oil, stir to combine, pour over the corn mixture, stir
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper, stir, check seasoning and adjust to taste
- Fold through the chopped cilantro
- Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with cilantro stems and fresh lime wedges
Salad is portioned for a twenty person potluck and may easily be halved