One-Pan Pesto Chicken Thighs
Company Worthy juicy and tasty this dish can be on your table in less than one-hour.
Chicken Thighs stuffed with Pesto is a perfect way to use up your fresh garden basil of the season.
Using fresh grated Parmesan enhances the flavor when preparing pesto.
Simply pat dry your bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and set them onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Lift the skins and spoon in a couple tablespoons of freshly prepared pesto. Season the tops of the thighs and bake.
Once you transfer the baked thighs to a platter, top off with some fresh chopped tomatoes, lemon wedges, and parsley. Enjoy your colorful arrangement.
- For the Pesto:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- For the Chicken Thighs:
- 8 chicken thighs bone-in and skin on
- few shakes of garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper
- For Assembling the Pesto with Chicken Thighs Platter:
- 2-3 juicy ripe tomatoes
- couple pinches each coarse kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- handful of fresh parsley leaves
- Preparing the Pesto: In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the garlic to a fine chop, add in the basil and Parmesan and pulse together to a smooth texture. Drizzle in the olive oil, pulsing to blend throughout
- Preparing the Chicken with Pesto: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dry chicken thighs with paper toweling, set onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Lift up the skin of the each thigh and fill with around two tablespoons of the pesto. Sprinkle tops with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast for around thirty-five minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
- Assembling the Chicken with Pesto Platter: Chop tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to a platter, scatter over the chopped tomatoes. Tuck in lemon wedges. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves