Goat Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, and Candied Pecans in Puff Pastry Cups
These delicious creamy, tangy little bites between the Goat Cheese and Cranberry Sauce balance perfectly with the sweet taste of the topped candied pecan and just may be the perfect hors d’ oeuvre choice for serving at your next holiday gathering!
Of course, one doesn’t underestimate not only the slight crunch and buttery flavor of puff pastry cups- I mean who doesn’t like puff pastry. Right? All you need to do to create this elegant hors- d’ oeuvre is preheat your oven, open up the box of the pre-pressed circles, line them on a baking sheet and twenty minutes later, wala!
Aren’t they pretty? I just love the bright red color matched with the golden puff pastry and the little peek of white from the goat cheese.
You can make ahead your cranberry orange sauce, and bake off your puff pastry cups in advance, pushing down the center top of the cup to create a crevice for filling once cooked.
One little tip for assembling this hors- d’ oeuvre in less than fifteen minutes is using little mini party forks. You can get these at a local Party store and usually come around a dozen to a box. The mini party forks are so helpful for rapidly stuffing the puff pastry cups with the goat cheese then proportionally topping with the cranberry sauce. You can use these mini party forks in assembling many intricate hors- d’ oeuvres in no time!
Elegant and Easy Goat Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, and Candied Pecans in Puff Pastry Cups.
- Helpful Tool: Use mini sized party forks to push down the just baked top of the puff pastry cups and for stuffing in the goat cheese and orange cranberry sauce. These generally come twelve to a package at the Party Store.
- 16 Pepperidge Farms frozen Puff Pastry Cups
- For the Cranberry Sauce (recipe below) makes approximately 3/4 cup
- 6 ounce cranberries ( approximately half of a standard bag of fresh cranberries) sifted through for stems and debris, rinsed
- zest of one orange
- juice of one orange
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- For the Sugared Pecans (recipe below)
- 8 whole pecans cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4- 1 cup goat cheese, approximately
- Prepare/ Bake the Pepperidge Farms frozen Puff Pastry Cups according to package directions, pressing down the top of the baked puff pastry to form a hole for filling once baked
- Prepare Cranberry Sauce. Add orange juice and cleaned cranberries to a medium sized saucepan, stir in the sugar to combine. Cook cranberries on medium heat, once cranberries begin popping reduce heat to very low and continue cooking until cranberries are soft, use a potato masher to crush any remaining whole cranberries. Remove from heat, let cool to room temperature, stir in the orange rind
- Prepare Sugared Pecans. Melt butter in a very small sauce pan on very low heat, stir in the brown sugar and let dissolve into the butter, drop in the pecans and stir gently, remove coated pecans to a small dish using a mini party fork and let harden
- Prepare the Goat Cheese. Using a serrated knife, slice around 6 half inch pieces of goat cheese, the cheese may break somewhat which is fine for stuffing the cheese into the puff pastry cups
- For the Assembly. Using a mini party fork stuff warm puff pastry cups with goat cheese, top with cranberry sauce and finish sticking in a sugared pecan, serve straight away
- Puff pastry may be baked in advance and warmed in the oven just before filling with the goat cheese and cranberry sauce then serving
Leftover cranberry sauce may be frozen for future use. Recipe may be doubled