Easy Turkey Meatloaf
This healthy Turkey Meatloaf is not only easy but also serves as a perfect dinner alternative to costly take-out meals and perhaps long delivery wait times on busy nights.
In particular what I like about this Turkey Meatloaf is the fresh, colorful veggies combined with fresh chopped cilantro whose brightness is still retained once cooked. Even with its simplicity the juicy cooked poultry looks looks so appealing when sliced at serving time. Though parsley may easily be substituted, the fresh chopped cilantro really lends a unique added pop of flavor.
You can prep and combine everything together in around fifteen minutes before sliding the covered loaf into the oven for 35-45minutes.
You can also freeze Turkey Meatloaf in freezer paper and defrost in the refrigerator. Simply heat gently in the microwave also then making this a good pick if you enjoy preparing your meals in advance for easy re-heating and serving during the week.
Last time I prepared this delicious version of Turkey Meatloaf I served it alongside some Crispy Little Red Potatoes which were a huge hit all around. And maybe, just maybe, all prepared in the same amount of time as an alternative costly take-out with long delivery wait times.
Tasty colorful Turkey Meatloaf, a healthy meal in just around an hour.
- spray cooking oil such as PAM
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3-4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- couple shakes garlic powder
- couple pinches coarse kosher salt
- few grinds fresh cracked pepper
- Spray oil such as PAM
- Spray a medium sized ovenproof glass dish with the cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Use a fork to lightly blend together the turkey, carrots, celery, scallions and cilantro
- Blend in the egg
- Tumble in the Parmesan, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper, stir throughout
- Form the turkey meatloaf making an evenly uniform log- shape, cover with aluminum foil
- Set covered dish onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes or longer until cooked through