Creamy Wild Mushrooms in Phyllo cups
Looking for an easy hors- d’ oeuvre or appetizer to prepare in a half-hour or less?
If you like the earthy flavor of sauteed wild mushrooms cooked in a little butter, a sprinkle of salt, a bit of white wine, finished off with a touch of cream and Parmesan, then these Creamy Wild Mushrooms in Phyllo Cups may be the perfect go-to for you this holiday season!
In this recipe we have a mix of cremini and shiitake which is a full flavored tasty combination but you can pick and choose to your hearts desire, perhaps interchanging with white button mushrooms, or simply using one type of mushroom.
Anyway you fill it, the combo ensures your guests a delicious crispy, salty, creamy sweet balance in a half-hour or less!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced then coarse chopped
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced then coarse chopped
- couple pinches coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon white wine
- 4-6 tablespoons light or heavy cream
- 1 pkg of 15 Athens mini fillo shells (found in the frozen food section at the grocers, usually alongside the puff pastry)
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a large sized nonstick saute pan on medium heat, melt butter and swirl to cover bottom of pan, tumble in the mushrooms spreading across pan, let cook for two minutes, stir, sprinkle a pinch or two of coarse kosher salt over mushrooms and cook for another minute or so, scrape in the garlic, stir and cook another couple of minutes, pour in the wine, the pan will sizzle a bit, stir and keep cooking for another minute, pour in 4 tablespoons cream, if mixture is a bit dry, add a bit more to the desired creaminess, cook mixture for thirty seconds then turn off heat, the mixture should be creamy but not liquefied
- Spoon mushrooms into the phyllo cups set on a parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkle a few strands of fresh grated Parmesan onto the top of the mushrooms, bake for ten to twelve minutes until hot
Recipe may easily be doubled cooking the mushrooms in 2 batches Mushrooms may be cooked in advance and reheated before adding cream