Any dip lovers out there? If so, count us together as the closest of hors-d’oeuvre buddies. This Crab and Shrimp Dip is a nice little twist among the hot-dip varieties.
Honestly, if you put a bowl of dip in front of me with some bread, crackers, or chips, well, you can even forgo the main course as you have already perfectly found me in my Happy Place!
Well, antipasta platters make me pretty happy too, but for today we are featuring this delicious, creamy, piping hot Crab and Shrimp Dip.
With not a lot of ingredients Crab and Shrimp Dip is oh so simple to stir up and bake before serving to guests on your kitchen island or entertaining buffet. Wala, let the Dipping begin.
- 8 ounce crab
- 5 large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 thin scallions, finely chopped (optional)
- few shakes Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pat shrimp dry using paper toweling then roast on a baking sheet for 5 minutes turning shrimp over once halfway through. Remove from oven, transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside to cool
- Pick through crab discarding any shells then tumble crab into a medium sized mixing bowl
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse the cream cheese, cheddar, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard until blended, using a spatula add the mixture to the crab in the mixing bowl, fold through
- Reserve one shrimp for garnish, chop up the remaining shrimp into small pieces, fold into the crab mixture
- Stir through the parsley, scallions and hot sauce if using
- Transfer dip to a crock and bake in oven for twenty-five minutes or until hot and bubbly throughout
- Garnish with a piece of shrimp, parsley and scallion pieces
- Serve hot with thinly sliced baguette or crackers