Crab and Shrimp Dip
Any dip lovers out there? If so, count us together as the closest of hors-d’oeuvre buddies. This Crab and Shrimp Dip is a nice little twist among the hot-dip varieties.
Honestly, if you put a bowl of dip in front of me with some bread, crackers, or chips, well, you can even forgo the main course as you have already perfectly found me in my Happy Place!
Well, antipasta platters make me pretty happy too, but for today we are featuring this delicious, creamy, piping hot Crab and Shrimp Dip.
With not a lot of ingredients Crab and Shrimp Dip is oh so easy and simple to stir up and bake before serving to guests on your kitchen island or entertaining buffet. Wala, let the Dipping begin.
- For Preparing the Dip:
- 8 ounce crab, picked through of any shells
- 5 very large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, patted dry with paper toweling
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, plus one or two leaves for garnish
- 2 thin scallions, finely chopped, 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish
- few shakes Tabasco sauce
- Preparing the Dip: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roast shrimp on a parchment lined baking sheet for around eight minutes, more or less, until shrimp are pink and firm, turn shrimp over once halfway through, remove from oven, transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside to cool
- In the bowl of a food processor pulse the cream cheese, cheddar, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard until blended, using a spatula, scrape mixture into a large sized bowl, fold through the crab,
- Reserving one shrimp for garnish, chop shrimp into small pieces, fold into the crab mixture, stir through the parsley, scallions, shake in hot sauce, stir, transfer dip to a crock and bake for twenty-five minutes until hot and bubbly
- Garnish with shrimp, parsley and reserved scattered scallion pieces
- Serve hot with thinly sliced baguette or crackers