Blueberry Cake, so easy to make, so lovely to bake, and perfect for an afternoon snack.
Did I say afternoon snack? Wait. What is that? Does afternoon snack imply an afternoon break? For if it should, to pretend to know it would be rather fake, for an afternoon break is not one that I take.
Not posting on my blog yet this week has felt sort of egregious, but children finishing camp with full free days before school resumes, makes one tremendously delirious. I’m serious.
In children come and out children go, then it’s off to the pool in the heat and the sun, sigh, it’s almost done. Core subject reviews needs tending, summers boo boos need mending, and it’s just never ending.
What’s for lunch and what’s for dinner, young children think a fun appetizer would sure be a winner.
They say ‘it’s the most wonderful time of the year,’ so very true I fear, for even children we hold so dear. School time is near, I know I shall cheer, for just one single moment to be able to think sort of clear. The time is near, persevere the blear.
So if you feel dizzy, perhaps in a tizzy, remember Blueberry Cake so easy to make, so lovely to bake. Keep on the track, let the kids kick back, in their final fun moments of afternoon snack.
- 1 1/4 cups whole, clean, blueberries
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- butter and flour for greasing bread pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bread pan with butter and flour, shaking out excess flour. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer then add the sugar in three parts incorporating well before each addition. Add the eggs one at a time, once blended, pour in the milk, beat. Add sifted dry mixture in three parts again, mixing well before each addition. Stop mixer, fold in blueberries. Pour mixture into the greased bread pan. Place filled pan onto a baking sheet. Bake for twenty five minutes or longer until inserted toothpick removes clean.